To make this year more productive, I am setting goals each month. I will give a brief update on how my goals went last month, and then set new goals for this month.
For January, I shared my year long goals and set nine monthly goals. My goals for January were:
- Sign up for dōTerra’s Slim and Sassy competition
- Start weights and strengthening exercises by second week of February.
- Build eating schedule between 10am-6pm.
- Plan out and prepare three different freezer meals for family.
- Finish two more blog posts.
- Post a food video on the Wagon.
- Plan a girls night with friends.
- Plan out Family Nights for every Monday this month.
- Get back into a good sleep schedule.
I actually did fairly well last month. I accomplished all my goals except for 5, 6, and 7. I think the number of goals was a little challenging, because of transitioning our baby to his room last month and focusing on being consistent with my exercising. The two goals I was thrilled to accomplish were my goals to do weights and prepare freezer meals. Since cutting back on fast food and cooking from scratch are year-long goals, it made me feel pretty good to be one step ahead. I am proud to say that I have been cooking a majority of the time. So much so, that the trash my family produces has decreased substantially. Helping the environment is a pretty cool side effect to helping my family eat better.
Since nine goals were pretty challenging, I am going to lessen the number of goals this month and build slowly up to nine goals. That way I can keep my current goals consistent and keep up with the new ones.
Year Long Goals
- Family and Friends
- Keep in touch with family and friends more.
- Get my family to the Burger Bash (family reunion)
- Get to my High School ten year reunion.
- Try and have family night once a week.
- Start reading scriptures as a family.
- Learn to cook and make more meals from scratch.
- Cut back on eating fast food with family and only eating out twice a month.
- Get back in physical shape.
- Run a 5k.
- Go to the Tough Mudder in October with family and friends.
- Write 2-3 posts monthly
- Reach 1,000 views by the end of the year.
- Comfort Zone
- Build a Youtube channel (still thinking of what to do with this).
- Audition for Torrid’s model search.
- Learn a Foreign Language.
- Learn a K-pop dance each month (because I can’t dance and they can haha).
- Write 2 more blog posts.
- Start implementing cardio workouts this month.
- Start practicing my foreign languages for five minutes, five times a week.
- Have a girls night.
- Revisit my story plot.
- Publish my next goals post by the first week of March.
And those are my goals for February. Share with me what your goals are for this month!